Monday 15 September 2014

GP and a plan

Thank you everyone for all your emails and texts today. So many of you have had to cope with anxiety or panic attacks in some form or another. It has been a very difficult few days but I am so thankful for wonderful friends and family who have surrounded me. My GP has been very helpful and I now have a bit of a plan to help me get through the next few days. She thinks that it will take about  a week for the steroids to be out of my system   - in the meantime I need to have to find ways to cope with the panic and with the withdrawal symptoms from the steroids- ho hum! I have some sedatives which may help but come with 'take care' signs because of my kidneys.  A week doesn't sound long but when you are in the midst of an attack it feels like forever. The fear is completely illogical and doesn't centre around a particular thing so it is very hard to counteract it with strategies or words. I know that God is with me and I know that I am held in his hands but when the panic rises it just overwhelms and my head just spins with fear. I am praying that this will be over very soon and I will go back to my peaceful headspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment