Monday 15 September 2014

Panic - oh dear!

It's 1.30 am and I am having quite a struggle. On Saturday I had quite a lot of pain so took extra morphine to help. At about 12.30 pm I started to have panic attacks - completely illogical fear which lasted all night. It is so scary to be in a place where logic can't reach. There are no words that seem to reach into the dark places that the panic takes me. I am hoping that writing about them tonight might help. I am sure that some of you face panic attacks in your every day life. As a Christian it is really hard to battle them because they come so suddenly and no amount of calm words seems to make any difference. Tomorrow I will contact the GP to get some help - how wonderful to know that there will be help. ( why do these things always happen on a weekend) In the meantime I am just trying to get through the night without waking Paul again - one sleepless night for him is enough. I need to make some lists I think - I am sure lists will help!!! I keep assuring myself that this will pass. Spring always follows winter. 

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Anne in such hard times. You are so strong. Take Care and stay so positive.
    Rosey (Aberdeen) XXXX

    ReplyDelete