Sunday 22 June 2014

6 days to go........

So here we are in the week before the wedding. I have thought so often of this week and what it would feel like and now we are here. All is calm - I think. Chloe and Ed are here for the weekend and seem remarkably calm but excited. Both looking forward to their day. Our house is already full of wedding 'stuff' - not much room for people. 
Unfortunately I am still being very sick which is such a nuisance and means that I am quite unreliable - as I may have my head in a bucket! Thankfully most things are done - it is just the flowers to be done this week and we can take our time. I am going to try and appreciate every moment of this week as I know how fast it will go. I am so glad we can make forever moments together. I am sure you can understand that in my quiet moments I reflect on how hard this would have been for everyone if I had not been here and I am so so thankful I am able to be here fully part of everything. What a privilidge! 

We have also discovered recently that Paul has to have his gallbladder removed. This explains the terrible pain he has been having on and off for the last 2 years. We are relieved they have at last found a reason and that it can be sorted. He has an appointment with the consultant on Tuesday and hopefully will be able to book a time for the surgery. Poor Ben will then be carer to both his parents for a while! 

The week looks a bit like this - with gaps for resting and unexpected 'bits and pieces' ( I am quite concerned about these abstract bits and pieces as I can't plan for them) 
Monday - house tidying and bed making ready for the week ahead with my lovely sister 
Tuesday - greenery obtaining for table decorations and resting in preparation for the week 
Wednesday - collecting flowers and making up table arrangements, Chloe, Ed, Hilary and Kit arrive - Ed has list of jobs 
Thursday - flower arranging in church and nails 
Friday - marquee up, tandem to church, last wedding dress fitting, collecting my dress, rehearsal, table setting, church setting up, abstract bits and pieces, fish and chip supper here, Ed having a boys night at his dads, 
Saturday - THE WEDDING! I am so looking forward to the morning of getting ready with bridesmaids, Ed's mum, aunts, hairdressers, make up lady, lots of giggling and laughter, singing and music...... The wedding is at 2pm followed by canapés and drinks ( hopefully in the sunshine), hog roast and salads, yummy puddings, speeches( must remember my tissues) cake cutting, live band, nibbles and ice cream maker...... And home by midnight! 




No comments:

Post a Comment