Friday 21 November 2014

Denosumab here we come.....

This week has been a week of recovery. The bug seems to have completely gone ( well no high temperatures or flu like symptoms anymore) I have had a slow week mainly having coffee with friends and making. But at least I have achieved something and feel that the week has had purpose. As ever catching up with friends is a joy and leaves me plenty to weigh up in my heart after they have gone. It also gives me new areas to pray for and to be more specific in my prayer life, something I have been learning more recently. God is concerned about everything about our lives even the little things but we need to talk to him. He likes us to bring our requests to him but to be specific  when we can. I am so grateful to all of you who pray for me. 
My blood tests from yesterday ( thank you L for your help) seem stable so I think the denosumab will go ahead today. As you can imagine I do it with some trepidation as last time I ended up in hospital after 10 days. I was also very, very sick on the evening of the denosumab. So now we try again. I am taking regular calcium tablets (9 huge chalky tablets a day) and vitamin d tablets which help the absorption of calcium. I have 3 different anti-sickness tablets which I can use. So the only way we can know if I can do this ..... Is to do it! 
Kitty is coming to take me to the hospital which is lovely and will definitely help keep my mind off what I am doing. I haven't seen her for a few weeks although I do speak to her every day. I am also looking forward to talking to my girlie later as she came back late last night from 4 days in Rome. We have had no contact - my choice as I wanted her to go away and not think about me at all. We promised to phone only of there was an emergency. I am sure she will have loved it. 
The weekend remins unplanned as we don't know how I am going to feel. I hope you all have cosy weekend plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment