Thursday 28 November 2013

Thanksgiving!

Thank you SO much for all your messages, emails, texts and visits. I feel that I have been wrapped in a big cosy blanket of friendship. I am having a tough time but it is made so much easier with friends and family. I am looking forward to Chloe and Ed coming tomorrow and Kit on Saturday and willow wreath making on Saturday - all being well. I am SO hoping that Saturday is a much better day! 

Today is Thanksgiving in America and I thought I would make another list to remind me of my many blessings. 
  • my wonderful husband
  • my beautiful children and their partners 
  • creator of the world holding onto my hand 
  • my little black pussy cat 
  • my friends 
  • my church 
  • my ladies bible study sharing life together
  • my book club ladies 
  • my cosy bed and beautiful bed room
  • my brand new phone 
  • my kindle and books
  • tablets that keep me alive
  • comfy jamas 
  • lovely hand cream
  • sparkly lights
  • Christmas coming
  • sunshine 
  • soup
  • ice cream
  • washing machine that works 
  • texts, emails and messages
  • warm cosy fire 
  • coffee in the morning
  • flowers
  • dvd watching with Paul
The list could go on and on. I am SO blessed and have so little to moan about. 


Most of All
Thanksgiving Day brings to mind
the blessings in our lives
that usually go unnoticed:
a home that surrounds us
with comfort and protection;
delicious food, for pleasure
in both eating and sharing;
clothes to snuggle up in,
books and good entertainment
to expand our minds;
and freedom to worship our God.
Most of all I am thankful
for my family and friends,
those treasured people
who make my life extra special.
You are part of that cherished group.
On Thanksgiving, (and every day)
I appreciate you.
Happy Thanksgiving!
By Joanna Fuchs

















No comments:

Post a Comment