Wednesday 19 December 2012

Christmas Plans

Packed day today - doing bits and pieces along with visiting my lovely school. It feels so strange to be in school but not part of the chaos that is the last week of term. It was lovely to see everyone. 

Tomorrow I am going to be pampered and hopefully will have beautiful nails in time for Christmas. Then hopefully I am going to Senior Prize Giving at Ben's school. He has been awarded a prize for singing. I say hopefully because he has been quite poorly this week but hopefully will be better enough to go tomorrow. 

Friday will be full of last minute stuff and tidying ready for the week ahead. 

Saturday - Chloe and Ed  home, last shopping, cooking, icing cake and Strictly Final. My Strictly Sparkle Dress will get its first outing. 

Sunday - Church, roast dinner with Chloe, Ed, Paul and Ben, followed by Live Nativity in Wokingham performed by our sister church. 

Christmas Eve - meal at ours with Joy, Matt, Adam, Talia, Chloe, Ed, Ben, Paul and I. 

Christmas Day - Church then lunch at Joy and Matts (the first time I am not cooking Christmas day lunch for over 20 years) Lovely to enjoy my birthday without having to cook. 

Boxing Day - Josh and Debs arrive and we are having a day as family. I love Boxing Day lunch best 

Thursday - whole family day at ours about 19 of us! 

Friday - rest day! 

Saturday - London - Royal Opera House with Josh, Debs, Chloe, Ed , Ben, Anna and Paul. We are seeing a mixed programme including Firebird. Followed by Tapas. A lovely way to end the wonderful week. 

I have spent ages trying to decide what to eat. Normally I do Christmas day and I do the same thing each year. The other days take more thinking! 

Christmas Eve we are having a buffet with cold salmon and ham with spiced peaches (good old Nigella) salads and potato skins, followed by pavlova or cherry cheesecake. 

Boxing day we will have cold ham, cold turkey, cheese, jacket pots, cous-cous, coleslaw, salad and of course pickles and my newly tried cranberry relish, white chocolate cheesecake or Christmas pudding with brandy butter 

Thursday we will have vegetable lasagne,  coq au vin or sausages, new potatoes or garlic bread, salad, pomegranate cous-cous, winter slaw, lemon freeze(a family recipe essential for Christmas) 

Hopefully this will all work out well. We of course have the Christmas cake to fill any gaps - it is big enough to feed an army! 

I will pop in here when I can but in the meantime let me wish you all 
A very  happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year or 

Ngikufisela uKhisimusi oMuhle noNyaka oMusha oNempumelelo in Zulu

สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาส และสวัสดีปีใหม่ in Thai

God jul og godt nytt år in Norwegian

QISmaS DatIvjaj 'ej DIS chu' DatIvjaj (sg)
QISmaS botIvjaj 'ej DIS chu' botIvjaj (pl)       in Klingon 

Buon Natale e felice anno nuovo in Italian

Maligayang pasko at manigong bagong taon! in Filipino 











No comments:

Post a Comment