Monday 31 December 2012

20 Questions for a New Year's Reflection

So here we are at the end of the year. I have again completed the questions as I did last year - it is good to look back over the year and to be grateful for all it has held. I am most grateful that I still don't have to do dialysis. 

You can look back to my answers in 2011 on 30th December 2011. 

20 Questions for a New Year’s Reflection

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Standing in Borrowdale looking out at my view. I thought that would never happen again because of dialysis,  standing in the Olympic stadium at the paralympics with Paul and Josh watching Jonny Peacock and Oscar and being at Dorney Lake to see the first gold medal of the games and at the road race on butterfly bend with Chloe and Ed at my first Olympic event.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
My arm – at the beginning of the year my arm was hugely swollen from the blockage in my fistula. I was very glad to get that sorted.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
I have continued to look and find joy everywhere. My year has been so full of lovely things. The most unexpected joy was Paul being told that his job was safe after all.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Paul being told he would be made redundant in 30 days. This was a great shock to me and I selfishly could only think that it was the end of my lovely going out life!
5. Pick three words to describe 2011.
Thankful, busy, happy
8. What were the best books you read this year?
A praying life and Thrive The Bah! Guide to Wellness after cancer. I also discovered James Patterson!
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
My family, my bible study ladies, my friends
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
To take every opportunity and say yes when possible
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I am learning to treasure all things in my heart
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I am learning to pray more
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
I have a round tummy and Paul no longer calls me a refugee!
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I am learning the importance of staying in touch with people if only through texts or notes or emails etc… because when we know about peoples lives then we can care more deeply.
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
Tutoring has given me so much pleasure – having small people in my house and seeing them grow in their learning
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
I still miss going to work particularly the people
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
I continue to try not to waste my time – it is too precious and I don’t know how much of it I have
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
In my relationships with family and friends making forever moments
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight and understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 (Amplified Bible)
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2012 for you.

A year full of wonderful opportunities taken making forever memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment