Monday 17 December 2012


For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace
    there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
    and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
    with justice and righteousness
    from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
    will accomplish this. Isaiah 9 v 6-7




Last nights carol service was really lovely. I wish I could capture the scene better with my camera. It was so lovely arriving to a pathway lit with twinkly lights inviting you to come and worship. The church looks so beautiful lit by candles with our lovely flowers decorating the windows. The choir sang beautifully and led us in lots of carols. In a packed church we heard that thankfully Christmas isn't about being 'naughty or nice' and receiving presents only if we have been good but it's all about being given the best present of all - Jesus - which is not dependent on us being good but given because we are loved by the Father. A Father who willingly gave his son for us. There is no greater gift. 




J I hope you don't mind but I have 'borrowed' your photos as they are so much better than mine and show the beautiful colours of the flowers. T,D and S I hope you don't mind your photos here. 

This week is a week of preparation! Last minute shopping, lots of cooking, watering flowers to keep them looking nice for next weekend, wrapping presents, tutoring, more cooking, Ben's carol service, senior prize giving at school, more cooking, cake icing, more present wrapping and maybe some hospital results.  

I will also be trying to find time for reflection. In this busy time it is so easy to forget what it is all about. I know that I must put aside my desire for everything to be perfect and let God speak to my heart and change me. 

I hope your week is not too busy for you to find time to reflect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment