Tuesday 15 July 2014

Holiday

Ben and Anna on train
Sorry for not posting sooner - I came back from holiday with very nasty toothache. Thankfully after a few problems the dentist managed to fit me in in his lunch-break yesterday and I had root canal work. so fixed for now. I go back in 6 weeks.
The view from our bedroom window
 Our holiday was wonderful - blue skies and blue sea every day except our last day. Just a couple of showers, which didn't spoil anything. 


Our little house was lovely and had everything we could need. The views from the windows were amazing. 
The house was positioned perfectly so that I didn't have to walk very far to anything and the others could go off and be busy when I needed to rest - which was quite often.


The lifeboat out on a practice
 I was aware that this year I am much less able to walk very far and have to rest more often. Thankfully the sickness wasn't too bad. 
We went to the Tate, had a boat ride to see seals, saw dolphins swimming in the bay, went bird watching in Hayle estuary, visited lots of little shops and  went out to lunch in the most beautiful cafe.
Lunchtime view
 It is lovely to have a break from home life and stop and take stock. 

It feels strange to be home now and not have a wedding to plan. A year of planning has meant that it has often been in my thoughts. 
Time for me to go back to craft making - I haven't been doing much recently. 





Paul pointing out birds!
 So this week - Dr's appointments and dentist, bookstall planning for our holiday club, clearing up from the wedding still left to do, washing and more washing, flowers at church. Paul, Josh and Matt are off to see Monty Python tonight at the O2. 

Soggy's house
 Paul has his surgery booked to remove his gallbladder on Friday 25th July - so we will be even more hospitally next week. Good job we have Ben here to play nurse! Poor him - not quite what he planned to do with his summer holidays.
The bay

Is this in England?

Ben and Anne on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment