Monday 28 July 2014

Surgery - no problem

So here we are Monday again! Paul is doing so, so well. He was first on the list for surgery on Friday which was nice. He had taken the bus and train to get to the hospital at 6.30 in the morning. Ever independent! It was a long wait until I heard from him at 1 o'clock after he had woken up. Even though I was sure all would go well there is still that little niggle ( not helped when Paul started looking for our will a few days before the op!) He wasn't worried but just wanted me to know where it was. We were hoping he would be able to come home in the afternoon but unfortunately he was sick and so it was evening before Matt could pick him up. Paul was relieved to be home - not wanting to have to stay in. The first night was a bit tricky as he had to sleep sitting up due to the pain in his shoulders from the gas. But since then he has been getting on really well. He even walked to Waitrose on Sunday afternoon - he decided that was a bit far - after the event! I am so proud of him. This week he has a few little projects to get on with. We have coped quite well although I have been aware of all the little things that Paul does every day which I struggle to do. On Saturday night I was asleep really early - exhausted from just the extra little things I had done and frustrated by all that I can't do. 
This week is about recovery - we haven't planned too  much and will just see how Paul gets on. I will be found near a TV or radio following the Commonwealth games which have been wonderful 
My thoughts and prayers are with all my church friends who are holding a holiday club for about 350 children. What an amazing opportunity to tell so many children about Jesus. 
I hope you all have wonderful summer plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment