Friday 18 January 2013

Snow and family history

Outisde my window the world is turning white. It is looking so very beautiful. However I am so glad I have cancelled everything and can stay inside and watch. I am so grateful that I don't have to go to dialysis. The winter I did dialysis was so worrying when it snowed in case I wouldn't be able to get to hospital. The other patients told me of previous years when they had been collected from their homes in all manor of vehicles and then had to sleep in local B&Bs. I really didn't want to have to do any of that especilally when i was feeling so ill. With dialysis you don't have the option to cancel. 

This week has been a bit of this and a bit of that with a bit of being poorly. I have manged to do quite a lot of family history research which has been wonderful. My amazing bit of news is that because of this blog and my previous comments I have been found by a member of my family. How wonderful is the internet! He is a cousin a few times removed but his grandfather was brought up by my great grandparents. His greatgrandfather was Bijou and my greatgrandmother was Bella. It is so exciting to find him and to be in touch with this part of my family. The other very exciting news is that the painting - 'Popularity' that Bella and Bijou are in is going to be dispalyed in the V&A musuem this year. Bella and Bijou are the couple right in the middle by the policeman - Bella has a white coat on.It is wonderful to have our family history coming alive. 

So this weekend - we are snuggling down with an open fire, cosy duvets, yummy food and each other for company. Thankful for our home and family.






No comments:

Post a Comment